PROGRAM OF WORK
STEWARDSHIP TEAM: (Financial Development of Organization)
Identified Goals: Sustained Membership Growth
1. Member / Investor Growth: 15% new member investors
Board of Directors – commitment to sign up one new member each in 2013
- Board meeting recognition/reporting as accomplished
2. Business Member Retention: 90%
- Have a specific plan/program to communicate with membership.
- Improve participation
- Develop active goals
3. Top 20 – Campaign of at least one business per quarter by full Board, followed up with phone calls & visits if needed.
- Have Board identify at least three businesses in the community that need to be members of the organization. Consolidate list and prioritize by number of recommendations.
- Prepare a letter, to be signed by every board member that will be sent one at a time to each of those businesses.
- Have a team process, where at least one team member follows up the letter with a phone call to discuss membership.
- If needed, or requested, plan a team visit to that business encouraging membership.
- Whenever that business signs up for membership, or provides a firm no, move on to the next business on the list. Record and report to the board on each business sent to, and the progress or response.
Continued Events/Fund Raising:
- Chamber 101 – Maximizing Membership
- Gala & Auction
- Golf Tournament Methodist Charlton
- Taste of Cedar Hill & Business Expo Michael Lemmon & David C. Wilson, Sr
- Welcome Program
PARTNERSHIP TEAM: (Business Development)
Del Ramirez Kathy Draxler Warren Goss Steve Hendon April Soria
Identified Goals: Improve Current Committees / Events
1. Government Affairs
- Develop sustainable program
- Determine Monthly or Quarterly
- Possible to develop communication program through social media
2. City / Chamber Business IMPACT
- Possibly have a monthly meeting with Chamber members and various department heads to improve city/chamber relations and increase knowledge by business leaders on economic development and other issues:
City Manager Economic Development Planning & Zoning Transportation (Other City Depts.)
- Chamber Night Out (Last Monday – Happy Hour Networking)
- Competitive Edge Coaching / Speaker Series
- Social Media – Communications
- Improve communication process / involvement
- Monday emails – add a “Did you know….” Section to promote Chamber benefits/opportunities
- Increase Competitive Edge
Continued Committees / Events
Texas Scholars Jill Heyerdahl & Jonathan Davis
Lunch and Learn
Open For Business Guide
LEADERSHIP TEAM: (Organization Development)
Identified Goals: Develop and Maintain a high QUALITY organization
- Create a VALUE statement of the organization
- Create a sales tool and membership education piece
- Review By-Laws Dr. Kirt Speaks
- Update by-laws on an annual basis
- Organizations Finances Michael Lemmon
- Maintain strong budget
- Provide needed staffing and funding for strong programs
- Develop a cash reserve growth plan
- Cedar Hill Day in Austin Steve Mason
- Create and Plan a day in Austin
- Use either existing TAB program or work with other North Texas Chambers to use their agendas to develop a day for the community and organization. (Coordinate the day with City and School leaderships)
- Create a means to learn “Best Practices” from local, state or national Chambers to improve overall organization.
- Review Accreditation process
- Use overview form to improve current Chamber programs & policies
- Create an Accreditation Team (with a chairman)
- Go through the Accreditation process
Young Professionals Phillip Washington
Finance Committee Michael Lemmon
Board of Directors
Best Southwest Board
Six representatives appointed to serve the BSW Organization, terms rotate and are assigned at various time limits.
Chamber Board Chair – Honorable Tom Kennedy Current – Dec 2013
Chamber Board Chair Elect – Maranda Auzenne Current – Dec 2014
Chamber Member – Billie Ballangee Current – Dec 2013
Chamber President – Amanda Skinner Standing Position
CH City Councilman – Chris Parvin Standing Position
CH Economic Development – Allison Thompson Standing Position
Leadership Southwest Board
Three representatives appointed to serve the LSW Organization, terms rotate and are assigned at three year time limits.
Executive Board Representative Maranda Auzenne Current – June 2013
Membership Representative Mike Anguiano Current – June 2012