PROGRAM OF WORK
STEWARDSHIP TEAM: (Financial Development of Organization)
Identified Goals: Sustained Membership Growth
1. Member / Investor Growth: 15% new member investors
- Board of Directors – commitment to sign up one new member each in 2013
- Board meeting recognition/reporting as accomplished
2. Business Member Retention: 90%
- Have a specific plan/program to communicate with membership.
- Improve participation
- Develop active goals
3. Top 20 – Campaign of at least one business per quarter by full Board, followed up with phone calls & visits if needed.
- Have Board identify at least three businesses in the community that need to be members of the organization. Consolidate list and prioritize by number of recommendations.
- Prepare a letter, to be signed by every board member that will be sent one at a time to each of those businesses.
- Have a team process, where at least one team member follows up the letter with a phone call to discuss membership.
- If needed, or requested, plan a team visit to that business encouraging membership.
- Whenever that business signs up for membership, or provides a firm no, move on to the next business on the list. Record and report to the board on each business sent to, and the progress or response.
Continued Events/Fund Raising:
- Chamber 101 – Maximizing Membership
- Gala & Auction
- Golf Tournament – Methodist Charlton
- Taste of Cedar Hill & Business Expo – Michael Lemmon & David C. Wilson, Sr
- Welcome Program
PARTNERSHIP TEAM: (Business Development)
Del Ramirez Kathy Draxler Warren Goss Steve Hendon April Soria
Identified Goals: Improve Current Committees / Events
1. Government Affairs
- Develop sustainable program
- Determine Monthly or Quarterly
- Possible to develop communication program through social media
2. City / Chamber Business IMPACT
- Possibly have a monthly meeting with Chamber members and various department heads to improve city/chamber relations and increase knowledge by business leaders on economic development and other issues:
- City Manager ED Planning & Zoning Transportation Other City Departments
3. Chamber Night Out (After Hour Networking)
4. Competitive Edge Coaching | Speaker Series
5. Social Media | Communications
- Improve communication process | involvement
- Monday emails – add a “Did you know….” Section to promote Chamber benefits/ opportunities
- Increase Competitive Edge
Continued Committees / Events
- Texas Scholars – Jill Heyerdahl & Jonathan Davis
- Lunch and Learn
- Networking Lunch
- Open For Business Guide
LEADERSHIP TEAM: (Organization Development)
Identified Goals: Develop and maintain a high QUALITY organization
1. Create a VALUE statement of the organization
- Create a sales tool and membership education piece
2. Review By-Laws – Dr. Kirt Speaks
- Update by-laws on an annual basis
3. Organizations Finances – Michael Lemmon
- Maintain strong budget
- Provide needed staffing and funding for strong programs
- Develop a cash reserve growth plan
4. Cedar Hill Day in Austin – Steve Mason
- Create and Plan a day in Austin
- Use either existing TAB program or work with other North Texas Chambers to use their agendas to develop a day for the community and organization. (Coordinate the day with City and School leaderships)
5. Create a means to learn “Best Practices” from local, state or national Chambers to improve overall organization.
- Review Accreditation process
- Use overview form to improve current Chamber programs & policies
- Create an Accreditation Team (with a chairman)
- Go through the Accreditation process
- Continued Committees:
- Young Professionals – Phillip Washington
- Finance Committee – Michael Lemmon
- Board of Directors
- Executive Board
- Business Operations
Best Southwest Board
Six representatives appointed to serve the BSW Organization, terms rotate and are assigned at various time limits.
- Chamber Board Chair – Honorable Tom Kennedy (Current – Dec 2013)
- Chamber Board Chair Elect – Maranda Auzenne (Current – Dec 2014)
- Chamber Member – Billie Ballangee (Current – Dec 2013)
- Chamber President – Amanda Skinner (Standing Position)
- CH City Councilman – Chris Parvin (Standing Position)
- CH Economic Development – Allison Thompson (Standing Position)
Leadership Southwest Board
Three representatives appointed to serve the LSW Organization, terms rotate and are assigned at three year time limits.
- Executive Board Representative – Maranda Auzenne (Current – June 2013)
- Membership Representative – Mike Anguiano (Current – June 2012)